1. The cemetery will be open from sunrise to sunset.
2. Employees of the Village are not permitted to do any work for lot owners except upon order of the
Village Clerk, but are required to be courteous to all visitors.
3. All fees or charges for services are payable at the Village Office as herein stated and patrons of the
cemetery are requested not to pay any fee or gratuity to any cemetery employee.
4. Persons within the cemetery shall use only the avenues, roads, walks and alleys, and no one is
permitted to walk upon or across lots or lawns unless it is necessary to do so to gain access to
one’s own lot. The cemetery expressly disclaims liability for any injuries sustained by anyone
violating this rule.
5. Persons visiting the cemetery or attending funerals are prohibited from picking flowers, wild or
cultivated, breaking or injuring any tree, shrub or plant, or from writing upon, defacing or injuring
any memorials, fence, or other structure within the cemetery grounds.
6. Motor cars and vehicles must be kept under complete control at all times.
7. The following are prohibited:
A. The driving of motor cars or other vehicles through the gates or in the cemetery at excessive
B. Driving any motor car, vehicle or animal across or upon any grave, lot or lawn or parking or
leaving the same thereon.
C. Parking or leaving any motor car or vehicle on any road or driveway within the cemetery at such
location or in such position as to prevent any other car or vehicle from passing the same, and if so
parked or left the management will remove the same.
D. Making a complete or partial reverse turn of any motor vehicle on any road or driveway within the cemetery.
9. Receptacles for waste material are located at convenient places. Hence, the throwing of rubbish on the drives and paths, or any part of the grounds, or in the buildings, is prohibited.
10. The placing of boxes, shells, toys, metal designs, ornaments, chairs, settees, vases and similar articles, upon plot will not be permitted and if so placed the management reserves the right to remove them.
11. It is of the utmost importance that there should be strict observance of the proprieties in the cemetery. Hence, all persons within the cemetery should avoid conduct unbecoming a sacred place.
A. Loud or boisterous talking.
B. Idling or loafing on the grounds or in any of the buildings.
C. Bringing lunches or refreshments into the cemetery or consuming them on the grounds.
D. Peddling or soliciting the sale of any commodity within the cemetery.
E. Placing of signs or notices or advertisements of any kind within the cemetery.
F. Bringing dogs into the cemetery or any of its buildings.
G. Bringing firearms into the cemetery except by a military escort accompanying a veteran’s funeral or attending memorial services
12. It is the duty of the Village to see that the rules and regulations are complied with and to see that order is maintained and to protect and to promote the best interest of the cemetery. To that end, the Village is authorized to make temporary additional rules which may be needed, from time to time, to meet emergencies which are not covered by these rules and regulations.
13. Special cases may arise in which the literal enforcement of a rule may impose unnecessary hardship. The Village, therefore, reserves the right to make exceptions, suspensions, or modifications of any of these rules and regulations, without notice, when in the judgment of the Village such actions appears necessary; and such temporary exception, suspension or modification shall in no way be construed as affecting the general application of such rules and and regulations.
14. The Village hereby expressly reserves the right to adopt additional rules and regulations or to amend, alter or repeal any rule, regulation, article, section, paragraph or sentence in these rules and regulations, at any time. Sufficient notice will be given by the Village of any rule change that will create expense, hardship or inconvenience to lot owners or other individuals having business with the cemetery.