The Village of South Rockwood was founded in 1863 by John Strong, who came from Canada, naming it after his home town in Ontario. A post office was opened in 1877. It was eventually incorporated as a village in 1955.
|GENERAL ELECTION NEWS!|
The Village President and three Council Member positions will be on the ballot for the November 2018 general Election. Village residents who wish to seek office may obtain a non-partisan nominating petition at the office of the Berlin Charter Township Clerk at 8000 Swan View Road, Newport, MI 48166.
Nominating petitions for village elections require not less than 20 or more than 35 signatures of qualified village voters. the deadline to return the petition and Affidavit of Identity elapses at 4:00 pm on July 24, 2018.