- Persons desiring to purchase lots should call the Village Hall to make an appointment with the Sexton, who will aid them in making a selection, and will issue a memorandum describing the lot purchase.
- Before any burial is made in a lot, complete payment for the lot must be made to the Village.
- No lot shall be used for any other purpose than for the burial of the human dead.
- No easement or right of interment is granted to such lot owner in any road, drive, within the cemetery, but such road, drive, may be used as a means of access to the cemetery or building, as long as the Village devotes it to that purpose.
- The right to enlarge, reduce, re-plat or change the boundaries or grading of the cemetery, or a section or sections, from time to time, including the right to modify or change the locations of or remove or re-grade roads, drives or walks, or any part thereof is hereby reserved. The right to use cemetery property not sold to individual lot owners for cemetery purposes, including interment of the dead, or for anything necessary, incidental or convenient thereto. The cemetery reserves to itself and to those lawfully entitled thereto a perpetual right to ingress and egress over plots for the purpose of passing to and from other lots.
- Descriptions of lots will be in accordance with the cemetery plats, which are kept on file at the Village Office
- The Village will take all reasonable precautions to protect lot owners, and the property rights of plot owners, within the cemetery from loss or damage; But the cemetery claims all responsibility for loss or damage from causes beyond its reasonable control, and especially, from damage caused by the elements, and acts of god, common enemy, thieves, vandals, strikers, malicious mischief makers, explosions, unavoidable accidents, invasions, insurrections, riots, or order of any military or civil authority, whether the damage be direct or collateral, other than as herein provided.
- It is the duty of the plot owner to notify the Village Office of any change in his mailing address.
- The instrument of conveyance of these rules and regulations and any amendments thereto constitute the sole agreement between the cemetery and the plot owner. The statement of any employee or agent, unless confirmed in writing from the Village Council shall in no way bind the cemetery.
|GENERAL ELECTION NEWS!|
The Village President and three Council Member positions will be on the ballot for the November 2018 general Election. Village residents who wish to seek office may obtain a non-partisan nominating petition at the office of the Berlin Charter Township Clerk at 8000 Swan View Road, Newport, MI 48166.
Nominating petitions for village elections require not less than 20 or more than 35 signatures of qualified village voters. the deadline to return the petition and Affidavit of Identity elapses at 4:00 pm on July 24, 2018.